Pages

Monday 2 November 2020

Term 4 Writing Sample- Rainbows End= Spending time with friends

 On a very hot, blasting day, the monitors of Tamaki Primary School had a very special trip to a place called “Rainbows End ” in Manukau. The TPS monitors walked out to the bus as fast as they could! Then we zoomed off roaring like a tiger.


First, we were told many rules: no fights, show school values, don’t run away, and use positive manners/ language. “Let's get this started!” I whispered, everyone ran so fast like a cheetah that I didn’t even see a single person ( instead of teachers and my friends ). My friends and I were too terrified to go on our own so we went with Miss Ashley. “Why don’t we start with the Invator?” asked Miss Ashley in an excited voice, so we hopped on an enormous spaceship looking ride. “Hold on tight” instructed the person controlling the ride. The Invator started so slow like a sloth which I was really happy about, but then it ended up going fast which I was frightened of! I couldn't even open a single gap in between my eyes, “don’t scream, do not scream!” I repeated in my head but then instead of listening to my head, I bursted out a seriously loud scream. Then, what calmed me down was… a very beautiful view when the spaceship went so high, but I didn’t like how the Invator went over the edge of the track!

Invader - Picture of Rainbow's End Theme Park, Manukau - Tripadvisor


After going on a terrible ride, we went on a worser ride called the “Mini- stratosphere”. “ How high am I” asked Janett, “okay, just go on!” rushed Miss Ashley. “Brr, brr, broom…” the Mini-stratosphere began to spin around in the air like a ball being kicked from slow to fast. “Aaahh!!” screamed my neighbor in front of me, and again I couldn’t open my eyes. It was a really long ride and I think I had butterflies in my gorgeous, big belly. “Do you wanna go to get some snacks?” asked Moana, “yeah, sure” I answered.

Rainbow's End (theme park) - Wikipedia


Next, Miss Ashley’s young troop carried on with the fun. Our third ride was called the “Roller coaster”. The Roller coaster is a ride that looks like a train but instead of when it goes up and over and under. What I didn’t like, is when there was a long que lining up beside the train looking ride. When it was our turn, we stepped on the train and put on our seat belts. The train started with a creaking sound, it was pretty high, apart from the ground. My favourite part was when the roller coaster  made a flip on the tracks. After the ride, we stepped outside, “that was JOYFUL!” I shouted.

Rainbows End roller coaster stops midway – Kiwi Kids News


Then, we went on a log-boat ride called the “Log Flume”. ( This was my least favorite ). I didn’t really enjoy the beginning of this ride because there was a longer line waiting for available log boates! Finally, we reached the front of the line. My partner was Langiola, we were told not to move the log. I was super surprised when we reached inside of the cave because there were so many magnificent, colourful, beautiful objects. “Splish, splash” went the water. I was very speechless after that awesome ride.

Log Flume ride, Rainbows End January 2017 - YouTube


Finally, our last ride was the bumper boats. Again, we had to wait in another long line. Miss Ashley wanted us to go together. We watched and watched until we got our turn. Yes!. I was so confused about what to do/ how to control it. I got stuck in a corner but luckily, with the help of another friend, I managed to get out! It was horrible and kind of scary because I thought I wouldn’t be able to park my boat!

Rainbow's End (theme park) - Wikipedia



Conclusion:

At the end, I felt very tired and sleepy. I had a lot of fun spending time with my friends. Everything / ride was unexpected and noisey! Also exciting in the beginning. I loved this amazing trip!!




No comments:

Post a Comment